13 Apr How To Choose Your Celebrant
How to choose your celebrant.
There is no doubt about it – having a celebrant led ceremony is becoming a “thing”!! So many couples are deciding to opt for a personalised ceremony to be at the heart of their wedding celebrations that it is no wonder that more and more people are training to become celebrants. It is great to see Celebrancy becoming a more mainstream option for couples.
Here at Cornish Celebrants HQ we have been approached by several newly qualified celebrants asking for advice regarding their newly chosen career. We love to meet and chat with them over a coffee or tea at one or other of our favourite meeting places. But with so much choice – how do you decide which Celebrant is right for you? Here are our top tips:
- Research – check out their website, and social media posts
- Look at reviews and testimonials
- Speak to the Celebrant – meet them if at all possible face to face is best, but use Skype, Facetime, etc, if this is not possible.
- ask about their experience
- have they conducted ceremonies in locations such as the one you are considering
- How long have they been creating and conducting ceremonies
- Ask other wedding suppliers for recommendations
- Do they have Public Liability Insurance
- Check out the package on offer – what’s included and what is extra
- Do they have clear contingency plans if they suddenly become ill or lose their voice
- Do they give you a sense of confidence?
Lastly and most importantly – do you get on with them and can you trust them to deliver the ceremony you want.
At The Guild of Cornish Celebrants we pride ourselves on our ability to create and deliver the ceremony our couples really dream of. Our previous experience of being Registrars has given us a wealth of experience dealing with all types of people at some of the most stressful and significant of life’s events. Our decision to expand our business by affiliating trusted and experienced Celebrants has enabled us to provide more couples with a bespoke, quality assured wedding celebration ceremony. We were delighted to win the South West Regional Final of The Wedding Industry Awards 2018, which recognised the quality of our work.
If you would like a Celebrant led wedding – get in touch with us, we would be delighted to help you with your vision for the day. Please do get in touch either by email email@example.com or call us on Nicola: 07716992526 & Denise: 07967533359
Photography credit – Enchanted Brides Photography